22.72.030 General provisions.
1. If approval of a project is contingent upon amending the development regulations or zoning map, no development or building permits may be issued prior to the approval of the required amendment(s) to the development regulations.
2. When a comprehensive plan amendment is required to satisfy the approval criteria in MMC 22.72.040(E), approval of the comprehensive plan amendment is required prior to or concurrently with the granting of an amendment to the development regulations. In such cases, an application for an amendment to the unified development regulations shall be submitted together with, or subsequent to, an application for a comprehensive plan amendment.
B. Initiation of Amendments.
1. Amendments to the development regulations in this title may be initiated by the following parties:
a. City council;
b. Planning commission; or
c. City staff.
2. Amendments to the City of Monroe Official Zoning Map, also referred to as rezones, may be initiated by the following parties:
a. City council;
b. Planning commission;
c. City staff; or
d. The owner(s) of the subject site(s).
C. Application and Contents. An application for an amendment to the unified development regulations shall be made according to the submittal requirements in Chapter 22.84 MMC, Permit Processing, on forms prescribed by the city, and shall include the fee established by the current fee resolution. All applications for amendments to the unified development regulations submitted in accordance with this title shall include the information set forth in MMC 22.84.040(D), Project Permit Applications, and in subsections (C)(1) through (C)(6) of this section. No application shall be deemed complete, nor accepted by the city, until all information set forth below has been submitted:
1. Completed application form;
2. A description of the proposed amendment and its purpose;
3. A completed and signed State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) checklist;
4. A written statement demonstrating how the proposed amendments comply with all of the applicable decision criteria in MMC 22.72.040(E);
5. Applications for amendments to the official zoning map shall also include a vicinity map that provides the following information:
a. Existing zoning district(s) of the subject site;
b. Proposed zoning district(s) of the subject site; and
c. Existing zoning district(s) within three hundred feet of the site.
6. Other information and materials as may be required by the city to review the application. (Ord. 005/2019 § 10 (Exh. B))