A. Uses Allowed with Temporary Use Permit. Temporary uses are those uses that are of a limited duration and/or frequency or comprise multiple related events over a specified period. Except as provided by subsection (B) of this section, Exemptions, a temporary use permit shall be required for the following activities:
1. Temporary wireless communications facilities.
2. Community-oriented open-air markets.
3. Mobile vendors.
4. Model homes.
5. Seasonal retail sales conducted by businesses on private property.
6. Temporary construction buildings.
7. Temporary security guard dwellings.
8. The zoning administrator may authorize additional temporary uses not listed in this section when it is found that the proposed uses are in compliance with the provisions of this title.
9. The use of private off-street parking areas for temporary outdoor dining by food and beverage establishments in accordance with Ordinance No. 025/2020.
10. The use of private off-street parking areas for temporary outdoor classes by gyms and fitness facilities in accordance with Ordinance No. 025/2020.
B. Exemptions. The following uses and structures shall be exempt from the provisions of this chapter:
1. Portable units and mobile homes on school sites or other public facilities. Such facilities shall be subject to Chapter 22.58 MMC, Site Plan Review;
2. Garage sales, moving sales, and similar activities for the sale of personal belongings when operated not more than three days in the same week and not more than twelve days in the same calendar year;
3. Temporary fund-raising activities, such as bake sales and car washes when operated not more than three days in the same week and not more than twelve days in the same calendar year;
4. Sidewalk sales, where adequate public access is provided, and where sale items and display tables are removed from the sidewalk each night; and
5. Mobile medical or veterinary services.
C. Limitation. Recreational vehicles, including motor homes, travel trailers, campers, and similar vehicles designed for temporary occupancy as a residence are prohibited from use as dwelling units in all zoning districts established by this title. A recreational vehicle shall not be occupied by any persons or individuals for more than four consecutive days, and in no case more than a total of sixteen days in any one consecutive twelve-month period. (Ord. 025/2020 § 2; Ord. 005/2019 § 10 (Exh. B))