Skip to main content
This section is included in your selections.

A. If a person placed on probation for one year or more for a misdemeanor or gross misdemeanor by a municipal court requests permission to travel or transfer to another state, the assigned probation officer shall determine whether such request is subject to RCW 9.94A.745, the interstate compact for adult offender supervision. If such request is subject to the compact, the probation officer shall:

1. Notify the department of corrections of the probationer’s request;

2. Provide the department of corrections with the supporting documentation it requests for processing an application for transfer;

3. Notify the probationer of the fee due to the department of corrections for processing an application under the compact;

4. Cease supervision of the probationer while another state supervises the probationer pursuant to the compact;

5. Resume supervision if the probationer returns to this state before the term of probation expires.

B. The probationer shall receive credit for time served while being supervised by another state.

C. If the probationer is returned to the state at the request of the receiving state under rules of the interstate compact for adult offender supervision, the department of corrections is responsible for the cost of returning the probationer.

D. The state of Washington, the department of corrections and its employees, and any city and its employees are not liable for civil damages resulting from any act or omission authorized or required under this section unless the act or omission constitutes gross negligence. (Ord. 014/2014 § 1)