A. Inspection. Whenever implementing the provisions of the inspection program or whenever there is cause to believe that a violation of this chapter has been or is being committed, the inspector is authorized to inspect during regular working hours and at other reasonable times all storm water drainage systems with the city of Monroe to determine compliance with the provisions of this chapter.
B. Procedures. Prior to making any inspections, the inspector shall present identification credentials, state the reason for the inspection and request entry.
1. If the property or any building or structure on the property is unoccupied, the inspector shall first make a reasonable effort to locate the owner or other person(s) having charge or control of the property or portions of the property and request entry.
2. If after reasonable effort, the inspector is unable to locate the owner or other person(s) having charge or control of the property, and has reason to believe the condition of the storm water drainage system creates a hazard to persons or property, the inspector may enter.
C. Inspection Schedule. The director shall establish a master inspection and maintenance schedule to inspect appropriate storm water facilities that are not owned by the city of Monroe. Inspections shall be annual. Critical storm water facilities may require a more frequent inspection schedule.
D. Inspection and Maintenance Records. As existing storm water facilities are encountered, they shall be added to the master inspection and maintenance schedule. Records of new storm water facilities shall include the following:
1. As-built plans and locations.
2. Findings of fact from any exemption granted.
3. Operation and maintenance requirements and records of inspections, maintenance actions and frequencies.
4. Engineering reports, as appropriate. (Ord. 1038, 1994)