A. A special flood hazard area development permit shall be obtained before construction or development begins within any area of special flood hazard established in MMC 14.01.050. A special flood hazard area development permit shall be required for all structures, including the placement of manufactured homes.
B. Application for a special flood hazard area development permit shall be made on forms furnished by the floodplain manager and may include but not be limited to: plans in duplicate drawn to scale showing the nature, location, dimensions, and elevations of the area in question; existing or proposed structures, fill, storage of materials, drainage facilities, and the location of the foregoing. Specifically, the following information is required:
1. Elevation in relation to North American Vertical Datum of 1929 mean sea level, of the lowest floor (including the basement) of all structures;
2. Elevation in relation to North American Vertical Datum of 1929 mean sea level to which any structure has been floodproofed;
3. Certification by a registered professional engineer or architect that the floodproofing methods for any nonresidential structure meet the floodproofing criteria in MMC 14.01.130(B)(2);
4. Description of the extent to which a watercourse will be altered or relocated as a result of proposed development;
5. Base flood elevation data; and
6. Floodway data.
C. The total fee for the application shall be as established by the city council by periodic resolution. The application form must be completed and submitted with the application fee before issuance of the special flood hazard area development permit will be considered. (Ord. 033/2018 § 7; Ord. 004/2006 § 2; Ord. 021/2005 § 1)